ARLINGTON, Va. - Beginning Monday, the NCAA will promote Division III Week, promoting all of Division III athletics and the student-athletes that make it a great experience for all. The week will go from Monday, April 1 and end on Sunday, April 7.
The Marymount athletic department will promote the week with different events and social media campaigns each day. Below you will see the full schedule that involves a Taco Tuesday for the student-athletes sponsored by District Taco, a pair of home lacrosse games, an Instagram takeover, another Athletic Yard Sale on the Ireton lawn, and capping it all off with a large community service event.
Schedule of Events:
Monday, April 1: Instagram Social Media Kickoff
- Follow along @marymountsaints as we kickoff the D3 Week with social media posts and video about why being a D3 student-athlete and coach is so rewarding.
Tuesday, April 2: Taco Tuesday (Sponsored by District Taco) and Student-Athlete Instagram Takeover
- District Taco is teaming up with Marymount athletics to supply student-athletes with an array of tacos and toppings in the Lee Center atrium from 11:30 a.m., to 1:30 p.m.
- Junior Eliana Cassel of the women's lacrosse team will also be taking over our Instagram to show a day-in-the-life of a DIII student-athlete, taking us through practice, film, class, and their weekly community service.
Wednesday, April 3: Men's Lacrosse hosts Gwynedd Mercy in Atlantic East Conference play
- The Saints host the Griffins for a big conference tilt at Long Bridge Park, starting at 7 p.m.
- Shuttles will be leaving campus to take students to the game, a service brought to you by Marymount Blue Crew
Thursday, April 4: Athletic Yard Sale
- After a successful yard sale last year, Marymount athletics will be back out on the Ireton Lawn on Thursday for another Athletic Yard Sale
- The yard sale will go from 9 a.m., to 3 p.m., with cash preferred but cards accepted
Friday, April 5: The Road Dog Classic Students vs. Alumni and Staff Basketball Game
- Come out to the Converse Family Fieldhouse at 6 p.m., to cheer on the students as they take on Marymount alumni and staff in a competitive basketball game
Saturday, April 6: Women's Lacrosse hosts Marywood for Senior Day
- The Saints host the Pacers for a conference matchup at Long Bridge Park, starting at 1 p.m.
- Prior to the start of the game, the Saints will recognize their Senior Class
- Shuttles will be leaving campus to take students to the game, a service brought to you by Marymout Blue Crew
Sunday, April 7: Student-Athlete Community Service Event
- Over 100 student-athletes will be traveling to the Sunrise of Arlington Senior Living Center to participate in a variety of activities with the senior citizens
- Baseball will also be participating in the Arlington Little League Opening Day ceremonies